100 Years of The Oriental Ceramic Society
As our centenary year continues, the Council of the Oriental Ceramic Society is busy organising a series of events to mark the occasion.
- Our centenary exhibition, Collectors, Curators, Connoisseurs: 100 Years of The Oriental Ceramic Society, opens later this year on October 15 through December 11 in the Brunei Gallery at School of Asian and Oriental Studies (SOAS) in London.
- Centenary Study Day: The History of the Oriental Ceramic Society will be held in London on Saturday, November 13 in the Brunei Gallery Lecture Theatre at SOAS. The date has been specially chosen to follow Asian Art in London in November 2021. Topics include women collectors, past presidents, exhibitions, museums and the art market. Booking will be online via the OCS website.
- Our Centenary Exhibition catalogue, Collectors, Curators, Connoisseurs: 100 Years of The Oriental Ceramic Society, is being produced by CA Design in Hong Kong. The design and colour proofing stages have been completed, and it is now being printed.
- We expect to deliver copies to early buyers by September. Complimentary copies are also being sent to those who have been full members of the Society since before 16 March 2021.
- You can still purchase a copy of our Centenary Exhibition catalogue through our online shop: online shop
OCS Centenary Presentations
As part of our centenary celebrations, the council of the OCS has commissioned a series of short videos by collectors and experts about objects lent to our special centenary exhibition, Collectors, Curators, Connoisseurs: 100 Years of The Oriental Ceramic Society. The first in this series is by the collector, Sam Marsh, and can be viewed here: